For those who love spicy food or noodles or even both, I’d like to share with you how I cook my ramyun noodles!
I love spicy stuff although I usually can’t handle them well. I especially love them on seafood and meat. Oh and I also love noodles, especially the easier ones to prepare. Aka: instant noodles. Aka: ramen or ramyun or whatever your country calls it. The Oriental touch is just so apparent in this type of noodles and I love oriental things. So yes, Ramen has my 5 stars.
I mean, all I have to do is add hot water and cover it for 3-4 minutes before I can eat it! Even the uncooked noodles is also good. Don’t you love the crispy cracking of the noodles in your mouth? Oh, I do. I used to eat them out o the packet but, my mom is always against it. She said it’s gonna destroy my kidneys. She was probably right.
Anyway, I know that you know how to prepare instant noodles so let’s spice things up a bit by adding a few ingredients, okay? First, you better have that instant noodles. I usually use spicy seafood or the original shin ramyun but whatever works for you is fine. 👍🏻
Here are the ingredients that I’ve used for my ramen:
- 2 packs spicy seafood
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cabbage, chopped
- Ginger, chopped (this is optional)
- 1 or 2 cayenne pepper (for powdered, use 1-2 tsp) depending on your taste
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- Dried seaweed, chopped
- Seasoning & pepper to taste
You can always add more stuff and experiment. Like adding eggs, potato and mushrooms. I do that with chicken and beef noodles.
Anyway, here are the steps in achieving your spiced up ramyun:
- Start with sautéing the garlic & onion. I actually used 1 tbsp of sesame oil for this but, you’re free to use any cooking oil you have.
- After that, I added water (enough to cook the two packs of noodles) and the carrots & ginger. Bring it to a boil, then you add the cabbage & the noodles.
- Add the cayenne pepper, hot sauce, dried seaweed, pepper, and seasoning as you cook the noodles.
Easy as 1, 2, 3, right?
Remember, you’re cooking instant noodles here, so make sure not to let it sit on the fire for too long! Oh, and you can also add meat or seafood but, be sure you saute it with the garlic and onions so it’s cooked!